Native American Summer

crass

Native American Summer

Post by crass » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:42 pm

Got off work at 330 and found no w or dub in BB. It was nice till about 630 even when I took off. Wrights had some of the biggest waves breaking on the rocks I've seen since that big storm not too long ago. I had to just sit and stare for a while... and I would've surfed salmon had I a surfboard. Landed on a rock skimming little porkncheese (serves me right I guess) but it had faces and even a little sider leading out into some rocks where I bruised my shit. fun
CHEERS to whoever was skimming porkncheese at sunset.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:30 pm

fng a! Damn I knew it was gonna be sick all day, but I had to get some sleep cus it's back to working all night. It looks like it's supposed to be pretty nice all week dub and swell wise, so I bet there will be some good skim to be had in Bodega over the next few days and maybe into the weekend.

The Flying Finn
Master Bator

Post by The Flying Finn » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:56 am

Anyone down for a wrights/pork/salmon session on thursday?
When the going gets tough the tough go skimboarding.

crass

Post by crass » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:06 pm

I'm always down, I have to work at 530pm but it should be pretty good in the morning. I noticed the waves coming together pretty much perfectly at wrights, of course the tide was huge, but it still looked awesome. My cat is having a night mare while she sleeps on my leg and it's hilarious, she's almost reaching out for me, like I'm a big can of tuna or something.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:37 pm

I'm down Colin for sure. Give me a call and let me know what time you're gonna be out there and I'll be there. I'm gonna skim it tommorrow and I'll let you know how it was, but it should be good. Late

The Flying Finn
Master Bator

Post by The Flying Finn » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:33 pm

I should be there by 8 am. I'm not so sure about skimming salmon:

(10-19) 12:15 p.m. BODEGA BAY -- A surfer at Salmon Creek State Beach near Bodega Bay was bitten in the leg by a shark this morning and taken by helicopter to a Santa Rosa hospital.

Lt. Roger Rude, spokesman for the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department, said other surfers reported the attack at about 11 a.m. The department sent its helicopter to the scene.

The injured surfer was reportedly a man about 20 years old. Rude said he could not yet release his name.

The surfer was in stable condition at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with injuries to the leg, but no further details were available.

The incident took place in an area where previous shark attacks have taken place, Rude said.

"It's unusual, but not unexpected,'' he said.

Rangers, lifeguards and sheriff's deputies were advising people to vacate the beaches from Jenner to Bodega Bay, Rude said.
When the going gets tough the tough go skimboarding.

danger ranger

Post by danger ranger » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:46 pm

damnit colin, you beat me to the punch
Can I come home yet?

crass

Post by crass » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:09 pm

He was 19 and apparently pretty nice to the paramedics. (I work with one of their mom's)
Are you actually gonna let something like shark infested waters and a LT named RUDE keep you from skimming?? hahajk. I'll be there around 9 to stink the place up.