SKIM WAVES in Korea...but no board!

Geoff

SKIM WAVES in Korea...but no board!

Post by Geoff » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 pm

I know the first thing is...how the hell did you not bring your skim??? HaHa I am thinking the same thing. I'm staying in Korea for 40 days with my Dad in Seoul which is the capital city in the NW part of South Korea. All the research I did said there would be no waves unless a typhoon hit so i decided not to bring my board. Plus i had to take my dads golf clubs on the plane AND the coast with waves is 3 1/2 hrs away minimum.

Anyway, we drove to the East coast of Korea yesterday, picked out a beach to go to on our Korea travel guide book, and the first spot we pulled up to was this mile long stretch of beach with almost no waves except for right in front of a little rivermouth. Every wave was makeable and were just little right-hand liners off the sand bar. It looked super fun buuuut...no board. Oh well. Here are some pictures, it was like 80 degrees out and no one on the beach except for a fisherman and army jeeps patroling on the lookout for north Koreans. From the warning sign I bet this place could go off too!

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Re: SKIM WAVES in Korea...but no board!

Post by Deebo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Awe damn that hurts you didn't have your skim! haha. Can't blame you tho who woulda known? But ya looks pretty fun I bet it does get even better there.

v3man

Post by v3man » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:42 am

that's sick geoff!.. well put it this way.. atleast you're not lugging around a skimboard when there's no waves.. haha.. find a piece of plankwood or something and go nuts :mrgreen:

btw.. i left san diego for good now.. lemme know when you're back in norcal

potter

Post by potter » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:07 am

Bummin!

Beers

Post by Beers » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 pm

look at that left for surfing though. shoots jeff! looks epic. dont get captured. i know you have seen the movie Touristas
the fish dont fry in the kitchen

danger ranger

Post by danger ranger » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 am

holy crap I hate you so much... Not really, I'm stationed at Sasebo Naval Base on Kyushu Island in Japan, Korea is a days ferry ride from here. I do have my skim (got to skim Dreamland in Bali...sicknesssssssssss) but no waves. Could you show me on google maps/earth where this beach was? I've been thinking about going to Miyazaki on the east coast of the island but Korea is actually a quicker and cheaper trip.
Can I come home yet?