To whom it may concern: an apology/warning

Da1wholefttheboard

To whom it may concern: an apology/warning

Post by Da1wholefttheboard » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey guys what's up? I'll itroduce my self my name is Ed nave those that know me best cal me ej. I want to start out by apologizing to everyone who skims the cove, and had to see my damaged board down there for severl weeks. Thanks to all who helped clean it up. It was very irresponsible and careless of me to leave it down there. Thanks again for picking it up. I new to this site and how it works so bare with me. I've read talk of people complaining about us "kooks" who are "out of control" I don't appreciate this talk of me and my "crew." not one person has approached mr when I'm doing these out of control events. I have respect for all skimmers beginers to the pros. It's one thing to blog and talk smack if some one would have asked me to stop but to not come to mr first I think is very childish. Sack up and say something I'm a normal easy going dude if you don't like me swiming or jumping of the rock while you are skiming just ask. That all it would have taken. I feel it's very disrespectful to talk s$$t behind my back. I wouldn't do it to any one of you. One more thing. Kudos for us kooks who went out sunday to put the fire out 10 feet from the hill side. That was left by someone from the comp. The day before. So that wraps it up I'll be at the cove Sunday if you guys want to talk smack or what ever I have a yellow Victoria and a shaved head easy to spot so if you've got something to say, say it then. Other wise let's skim and have a good time!

selvaskim

Re: To whom it may concern: an apology/warning

Post by selvaskim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 pm

i thought this was one of those spam posts about prescription drugs at first glance. not sure if anyone was talking smack tho, just making sure people clean their shit up :?:

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Yeah EJ there is definitely a "jump on the bandwagon", "lets point the finger" sort of mentality on the internet sometimes and things get blown out of proportion, especially when they are anonymous. If you read my post, I wasn't putting anyone down in particular or calling anyone a kook- I really don't give a hoot if people skim, swim, dance, sing, or jump off of rocks- I do all of the above except for the rock thing which I am planning on doing in the future. The broken board and foam trash thing was just one example of moves that could threaten our sessions at the cove- which definitely concerns me- but it wasn't a "deplorable terrorist act" or anything that we should be splitting up our little community over... Bottom line, we all need to have respect for the beach as well as respect for one another. I definitely appreciate you sacking up and writing the apology and as far as me personally- all is forgiven. We all do things whether large or small that have an impact on our beaches, I know I personally throw my banana peels up on the hill sometimes and...

Anyways, I agree, lets keep the name calling to a minimum, the respect to a maximum, and keep skimming the number one priority :wink:

Shibby38

Post by Shibby38 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

people weren't talking shit dude. they were just informing anyone who didn't know already that there is an implied etiquette among us skimmers. You disrespected that etiquette and i'm glad someone said something. and its just common sense to not swim where people are skimming or leave a shredded board on the beach. have some common decency and be considerate of the people around you. If you show them respect i'm sure they'll respect you back.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Maybe you're not a kook in general, but like it or not that incident in peticular was a pretty kookish thing to do. People were pretty pissed and sensitive about that because, as stated in the other thread, not only was that broken board and foam scattered across the beach an eye sore and bad for the environment, but also it is something that could easily give all of us skimmers a bad rap from the local community which could in turn make us lose the easiest access that we have to the Cove right now.

That being said thanks for coming on here and manning up and appologizing about it though that is respectable! Everyone makes mistakes and doesn't think sometimes, but we all just need to be carefull and mindfull of how we carry ourselves around the cove, so as not f up and lose the sickest most consistant skim spot we have around.

As far as some us being kinda annoyed about people jumping off rocks, swimming and screwing around yelling and stuff that's not really an issue compared to the board incident and nobody can tell you to stop doing all that it's a free country and you can do what you want. Some of my friends and I can just get a lil annoyed with it sometimes when were trying to have a chill session at the beach and more importantly it kinda bumms me out to see people who have obvious skim skills and could easily rip just screw around with the sport doin back flips and stuff not even really tryn to turn back on the wave or do a real trick most of the time. I mean don't get me wrong do what you want to have fun, but I think if your friends and you especially really tried and took it seriously would rip and have so much more fun.

edit- damn it Doug didn't know you beat me to it, so I pretty much repeated alot of what you said! lol

daver

Post by daver » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

so.... where's the warning?
Queen of the Valley

Matt5000

Post by Matt5000 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 pm

"I'll be at the cove Sunday if you guys want to talk smack or what ever I have a yellow Victoria and a shaved head easy to spot so if you've got something to say, say it then."

I think that was the subtle warning part.

I've skimmed the cove twice so I don't know shit. But I do know that if you leave trash or broken board shit at the beach you're a kook.

But even kooks can bounce back and be respectable members of society,,, so there's hope.

norcal93

Post by norcal93 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm

as shibby said its all about respect for those around you even if you and your crew where there first just have respect and when it comes to the hole "nut up and say some thing" when your there by your self and there is a crew of 4 there screwing around its a little hard to want to say something. besides no one wants to start trouble and have a problem with other groups at the cove they just want to skim. so all in all it is nice for the apology for the board however just be a little more courteous of those around you is all.

so as far as the warning part are u planing on fighting some one if they do say something ? because thats more childish then being able to deal with some one for cramping your style and is just being disrespectful so "nut up" and respectful of those around you

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:24 am

If this crap gets blown out of proportion or it turns into Threatfest 2009, Im gonna plant land mines down at the cove and no one will have the opportunity to enjoy it. Just turn on the food network, think about Paula Dean naked and get on with your lives... butter.... mmmm Paula Dean covered in butter...

daver

Post by daver » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 am

If this crap gets blown out of proportion or it turns into Threatfest 2009
If there is going to be a Threatfest 09, then I say it goes down at Baker, and this time Tommer makes the trophies.
BTW i think breaking your board into a million pieces and littering it on the beach is childish, un-thoughtful, and disrespectful IMO.
Queen of the Valley

Shibby38

Post by Shibby38 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 am

^yeah but you got to admit paula deans a babe.

Da1wholefttheboard

Post by Da1wholefttheboard » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks for all the replies guys! To let all know I'm not looking for a fight nor do I want, but will if I have to. I'd rather have the cove be a place to skim and not fuss. I understand those of us that go there are there to skim first, swim and dick off second. I'll try to be more courtious to other skimerz. If it's just you by your self and you see me and my freinds swimming in your way tell me I'm not going to fight or anything like that over something so small I know skiming comes first. I'd have no problem moving out the way to see you wrap a wave.

flex23

Post by flex23 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

wats up everybody? The name is bailey. I role with the "kook" crew. I think ej summed up a lot of wat i was going to say. There is no excuse for the board being left down there, and I completely understand where everybody is coming from when getting mad about that. The thing that really got me though was the blogging about us behind our backs on our "behavior." I just wish that people who were effected in a negative way by our behavior would have came up and told us. Knowing me and my friends we would have taken wat u guys said and quit wat we were doing right away. We're for the most part, a good group of guys who just have to much energy! On the note of wat dustin said about practicing and getting better, i completely agree, but at times i think there is the intimidation factory of lack of experience to some of the guys that r out there....we dnt want to get in the way and take the best waves or cut somebody off. It being my first summer skimboarding im a little hesitant to skim with the "Big Dogs." Other than that i hope we can put all this behind us and move forward. The cove is obviously a very special place for many people and we will try our hardest to keep it that way. I will end this with saying sorry about everything on behalf of myself and Kook Crew. Im assuming that this is our new group name. hahahaha

see u all on sunday

The Flying Finn
Master Bator

Post by The Flying Finn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 am

Well said flex, I don't get out that often but if I see you guys I'll definitely introduce myself.
When the going gets tough the tough go skimboarding.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

Yes well said by both of you! Amen!

chris_4255

Post by chris_4255 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 pm

if theres any drama while i skim im not afraid to get naked and dry hump people till there dead theres ur warning dave
just say no to dub

norcal93

Post by norcal93 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:45 pm

this is good however i feel bad that some people felt all the talk was directed at you no one meant it to be directed at one individual group to make them feel bad or even not want to go ride, it was more as a reminder to be aware of those around you and be respectful. I under stand that some times things can be taken out of context when read and come off as an attacking point of view. and i apologies if i ever came off that way i was meaning it to me more as a reminder to all and was not trying to single any one out.

daver

Post by daver » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:50 pm

i think all the blogging was in hopes that you guys were listening, and not meant to be "behind your back"
see ya'll at the beach! baker is fire BTW
Queen of the Valley

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:38 pm

^Exactly what Daver and Norcal said. We definitely don't want to start any drama or segregation in our skim community around here. I'm sorry if my original post about the incident was a lil bitchy and seemed like I was talking behind anybodys back creating drama or whatever. That wasn't my intention at all and I def wasn't really trying to single anybody out in peticular either. As said above I was just trying to create a little awareness on what was going down and was hoping the people involved would ponder it, so as to avoid any future issues. Anyway I think it's sick how so far the skim community up here is very chill and everyone seems to get along with lil to no drama, unlike some really silly shit I've seen and heard going down in places like SC and Laguna. And I just hope we can all keep it that way.

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Deebo- word up on that last statement.