[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4493: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
cramikskim.com • View topic - Bodega conditions thread...

Subscribe in a reader

cramikskim.com

scrilla
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:23 pm 
Master Forecaster

Rather than postn a bunch of random topics all the time regarding what's working in Bodega I was thinking it might be a good idea to just make one thread that we can keep going back to to ask or report on the haps skim-wise in Bodega. Might haveta tone it down in the future though if it starts getn too crowded lol.

So anyway today: The Cove was lookn like it's startn to set up and it was actually skimmable around high tide. Kelly and I ended up skimn a pretty fun section near the creek at Salmon (better for regular footers than goofy footers. Unless your a goofy who likes to ride frontside liners. Right Kelly? lol) Conditions for tm are lookn pretty nice and with no dub and small swell, so chances are a lot of places will be pretty fun.

I'm gonna get up super early to expedition down to the estuary south of the Cove and see how that's set up, since I haven't been there in like a year. Then maybe I'll go skim the Cove, after which I'll give Salmon a look while I wait for the tide to drop enough for rights. So maybe see some of you out there....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:26 pm 

What Deebo meant was that Baker was really good today. "The Cove" is just a typo... in other words- reread the whole thing except every time you see "bodega" or "the cove" just replace that with Baker. Go to baker... its been really good there the past couple of days. B-A-K-E-R... oh and "wrights" is just another name for "ocean beach"- you know... in san francisco?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 am 

vacadoug really means ropodoug, you know like RoPo, like near vacaville, but not really.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 am 

wat are frontside liners? lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 am 

Good. Idea. I'm gonna try to make it out tomorrow depending on how late I work our wine sale today. I miss the cove,....and skimming in shorts.
Anyone know how to get pads that you've superglued down off? Most of it is peeling off already, but those outside edges are reinforced. goo-gone? Is that even safe for boards?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:54 am 

Hey Potter, Vacaville has its own little lake, which is basically an ocean. So essentially, I'm from the beach.

The funny thing is I had a dream last night about this very thing- I guess that's what late night Cramik can do to you... I was thinking in my dream, "so-called "valley kooks" often have more determination and put more effort into pursuing the sport than do many so-called "locals." Besides, Bodega wouldn't even have a lineup if it weren't for out-of-towners."

That aside, how is that new camera coming along!? Have you gotten it yet?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 am 

crass wrote:
Good. Idea. I'm gonna try to make it out tomorrow depending on how late I work our wine sale today. I miss the cove,....and skimming in shorts.
Anyone know how to get pads that you've superglued down off? Most of it is peeling off already, but those outside edges are reinforced. goo-gone? Is that even safe for boards?

well when you super glue anything it is very hard to get it off but i have used good-gone and it helps, but on the other hand i think it takes the paint off the board.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am 

Use a chisel. Sand it. Good as new... haha I really don't know, you might have to get a new board. Get an Exile for sure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:40 am 

vacadoug wrote:
Hey Potter, Vacaville has its own little lake, which is basically an ocean. So essentially, I'm from the beach.

The funny thing is I had a dream last night about this very thing- I guess that's what late night Cramik can do to you... I was thinking in my dream, "so-called "valley kooks" often have more determination and put more effort into pursuing the sport than do many so-called "locals." Besides, Bodega wouldn't even have a lineup if it weren't for out-of-towners."

That aside, how is that new camera coming along!? Have you gotten it yet?

hahahaha very true about out of towners helping the line up

i will be out tomorrow i gotta try out my new high tech wet suit. i was told it would give me the power to make girls cream themselfs wen i look at them oh wait i could already do that fuck y did i by now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:42 am 

yeah chris, I haven't seen you for quite a while. I was starting to get worried that your back injury had you in a wheel chair or something... lol how have you been feeling? you been injured or just slacking?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm 

im still injured but its not that bad anymore so im going out tomorrow. ive been craving to skim like a crack head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 pm 

Here are a couple that my girlfriend took last weekend. It was just a small fun day at Doran... enjoy ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm 
Master Forecaster

Damn VDeezy ripn the pit!!! Sorry to inform u this weekend was very nice at Doran no dub all day both days

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 am 

when did you leave, cause I got there right at 8 and didn't leave till around noon. Some cool rasta guy and his girlfriend were hanging out taking photos and trying to teach me how to surf, awesome day. dopesicknine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 am 

dude i probly totally know him. hes hella chill. fuck i would been out yesterday but i was hella sick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 pm 

Twas a beautiful day, got a couple pics but all my usb cords and the video cam are packed away cause I'm moving to forestville next weekend. I bought a house, I never thought I'd say that. Twenty minutes from the rivermouth according to google maps. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm 

anyone going out this week?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 pm 

im down for friday and saturday in the afternoon an sunday is my religous skim day lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:46 pm 

awesome, i will be out every single one of those days as well. most likely salmon everytime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm 
Master Forecaster

Swells gonna be way too big and stormy for skim in Bodega most of the week. Maybe towards the weekend like thursday and friday things will start to calm down. It's a shame the big swell is prob gonna whipe out what slope has started to build up at the Cove already and put it back to square one. Seems like with a few small days and south swell that the slope builds up pretty quick tho.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next