"V" tail

bored and out of gas

"V" tail

Post by bored and out of gas » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Just a question to you board makers. I've seen sufboards with a "V" cut into the tail and supposedley it makes the board turn faster, would doing this to a skimboard help at all and be practical. I've got an extra large vic that's like trying to turn a supertanker and i'm trying to figure out ways to get around that without buying a new board. I'm just curious to see if anyone has tried it and if so what is like.

P.S. One day I will have money for a new board, I'm thinking about a slotty but those Bakers look pretty sweet.

D.R.

CompletelyTrashedSquirrel

Post by CompletelyTrashedSquirrel » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Nope that's won't help your turning - suprisingly it's the nose and width of the board that has a lot of effect on turning quickly. The tail helps and has tons to do with holding a tight line. But if you have a big board it's not going to turn that fast. Sorry. Many people have tried the swallow tail thing on skimboards - it's a personal preferance for holding an edge on the way. I prefer a tight pintail myself.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:43 pm

You do like a tight pintail. You little Homo..

even more bored

Post by even more bored » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:40 pm

just curious.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:50 pm

yeah, right, can't wait to see that tail after you're done with it DR. I've heard they throw a mean spray though. How come everytime I get hurt you've just healed and as soon as I heal you get hurt, we're fucking clutzi or somin'. FUCK SKIMING DORAN BEACH!! love to hate those hidden rocks out there

where are my pants?

Post by where are my pants? » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:34 am

I just read the words skimming at doran beach and I farted. Smells like my subconcious agrees with you. Oh yeah, what is it that you hurt this week, your pinkie finger? Shouldn't be trying to pick her up with it, try a stronger finger next time and use the bowling ball grip.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:17 am

I prefer the luggage method thanks. I found your pants, richard simmons gave em to me, he says you make a mean breakfast burrito...

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:50 am

While I have always prefered a pintail, I have ridden all the other tail configurations.
A V-Swallowtail is supposed to help with tracking, or as CTS said "...holding a tight line...". You can, however, lock in the tail better on a tight turn if you add "wingers" to your swallow. Usually the tail is shorter on these models, making it more nosier, also supporting CTS' theory/experience.
My experience is only with Slotstiks built between 1995-2003(former teamrider/shaper).
My experience with tail modification is DONT DO IT! If yer tail ain't broke, dont fix it...
I once had a Riptide Swallowtail. I destroyed the tail over time. I really liked the board, though, and wanted it repaired. $80-something later, I had a better swallowtail than the board originally had! This was thanks to PEARSON-ARROW ding team -WEST-SIDE!!!

JAYBOY¢

Post by JAYBOY¢ » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:52 am

the last comment was my 2¢...

Butternut Squash Tail

Post by Butternut Squash Tail » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:47 am

I'm bored and in pain so I thought I would bring up this topic again - Believe it or not...Most of the Slotty/Blitz guys are riding swallows down here (Ventura). Stark just made a SICK double winged swallow. Seems to be workin' good for him. Pizza swears by 'em. Pujol's Etc...I'm down with the squash but yeah...it's all personal pref

805a'

totally impressed guy

Post by totally impressed guy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:38 pm

JAYBOY¢ wrote:the last comment was my 2¢...

dang you typed the cents symbol... twice! that is some serious tricky keyboard shit right there! :shock:

that was a ripper

Post by that was a ripper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:31 pm

o dude, how do u do that?