Santa Cruz Skim

Emilioooo

Santa Cruz Skim

Post by Emilioooo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:59 pm

i heading down to santa cruz this coming weekend for a little r and r. i was wondering where some good skim spots are down there and what the best time to hit them would be, high tide, low tide, you all get the idea. just looking for a little help any one got any advice?
He tipped his hat like this, and i was like EMILIOOOOOOO!

Seabass!

Re: Santa Cruz Skim

Post by Seabass! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:05 am

26 obvi
Sea.Bass.Skim.
Dillon

SCLiner
Master Interwebs Master

Post by SCLiner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Lesalva Beach, fire.
Lina'
AKA Ballena Bob.

Caliskim

Post by Caliskim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I dont know the current conditions, but i really like to skim 38th- Medium rising to high, or just high tide. Really good conditions with either stomach, chest, shoulder, or head high.

First half is 26th, second half is 38th. the swell was lightweight small-waist to stomach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Bxc7nX0nA

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 am

Right on sounds good. I'll give it a try when I'm there and do a little research. Thanks you all

selvaskim

Post by selvaskim » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:14 am

SCLiner wrote:Lesalva Beach, fire.

holler

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Skim was shit shit shit. I checked 26th, 36th, 3rd, and a few more beaches today and they all sucked. All of the beaches were flat and the waves were not pushing at all high tide or low tide made no difference it was all bad. So if any of you all are think of comming up for the skim don't. But Santa Cruz is still nice and there was plenty more to do than skim. So not a total waist. Also as a side note the oneall cold water classic is happing this week so I go to see some pro airfare out in the water practicing. Prity cool

SCLiner
Master Interwebs Master

Post by SCLiner » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 am

Emilioooo wrote:Skim was shit shit shit. I checked 26th, 36th, 3rd, and a few more beaches today and they all sucked. All of the beaches were flat and the waves were not pushing at all high tide or low tide made no difference it was all bad. So if any of you all are think of comming up for the skim don't. But Santa Cruz is still nice and there was plenty more to do than skim. So not a total waist. Also as a side note the oneall cold water classic is happing this week so I go to see some pro airfare out in the water practicing. Prity cool
High tide was early so maybe you missed it dude.
A certain beach north was fire, Growl!
Lina'
AKA Ballena Bob.

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

maybe but i checked it all earlier in the morring and then in the afternoon and then went out at high. but you never know i could have missed it but all that that means is that i will have to come back down to check it out again. im not giving up on SC just yet but i definitely had a bad session.

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:47 pm

i hate to even ask the question but has any one been skimming in santa cruz lately? any thing good going on down there ? or am i wasting my time .

danger ranger

Post by danger ranger » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:10 am

best part of santa cruz is that it doesn't matter what the tide is like, at least one spot there will have decent shorebreak at any given time of the day. you just didn't look hard enough.
Can I come home yet?

Madinator6

Post by Madinator6 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:00 pm

went surfing there today and all the sand was pretty much wiped out.

montereyskmmr

Post by montereyskmmr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Theres plenty in SC right now most if not all the summer beaches are gone but if you look hard enough you'll find some great waves. and if that fails you take the 15mins to get to Mosslanding. No one really skims Moss but I can assure you there are waves. PM me and I'll help you
My ya-ob
--Shaven yer core and puddin stick-e stuff on Whoa-ven glass fiber n car-bomb two mayk your bored.-- [_]

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:51 pm

ight well next time i will for sure give you some heads up. but i never thought about going down further south or north to look for skim i just tryed the usual places. i will just have to get a little bit more creative next time.

chomper

Post by chomper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 am

danger ranger wrote:best part of santa cruz is that it doesn't matter what the tide is like, at least one spot there will have decent shorebreak at any given time of the day. you just didn't look hard enough.
Disagreeeeeed.

There is no skim right now worth even talking about. Panthers? maybe. Moss, maybe. Carmel River, maybe...I barely even believe SC Liner got something up north....Even moes is trash. :D

Emilioooo

Post by Emilioooo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 am

santa cruz what up anything hitting down there ?

Caliskim

Post by Caliskim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Not a personal account. From what a friend told me, 38th was pretty blown out at high tide and is almost impossible to access the beach going and leaving at high tide. 26th was too far out and not much slope.

Any feedback from some locals on any other spots in SC?
I know something has got to be working :?:

potter

Post by potter » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 am

Caliskim wrote:Any feedback from some locals on any other spots in SC?

i guess it's worth a shot to keep trying, but traditionally sc loc's do not post conditions on here or any other mb i'm aware of. 95% of the skim spots in sc are crowd sensitive, so it would not make sense to let more people know what's working.

SCLiner
Master Interwebs Master

Post by SCLiner » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:00 pm

I check the North side Sunday and it was crap everywhere.
I havent heard of any skim in town, winter is pretty much hit and miss in town unless you know where and when to look in Tola. Wink wink.
Lina'
AKA Ballena Bob.

Caliskim

Post by Caliskim » Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 pm

I am heading out to SC tomorrow. Weather shall be nice, just a little worried about the w. Last time I went, 26th's slope was settin up nicley. Anyone willing to give an update of how the skim has been recently?