State Park Closures

selvaskim

State Park Closures

Post by selvaskim » Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Gray Whale is on the list. Does this mean they will close off the parking lot to restrict access?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1

Madinator6

Re: State Park Closures

Post by Madinator6 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:42 pm

yah that sucks, they would have to close the parking lot otherwise people would just enter illegally. it seems ridiculous to think their going to keep people out of all these place

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Its freaking ridiculous. Utterly depressing... W'e've seen the effects of closing down beach parking lots in Sonoma County. At Bean Street for instance, there is graffiti all over the place, trash cans overflowing with garbage that is getting dumped and ignored, trash on the beach, etc. and those are just the obvious effects. Shutting down the parks means that any efforts toward environmental restoration and protection will be set back majorly and even reversed in many cases. Oh and so much for trying to get a job with the parks! :cry:

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Fri May 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Oh and about the parking lot thing... It might be a park by park thing. I know around here they have shut the gates on the parking lots but there are usually places to park just outside of the gates. I know Gray Whale doesn't have any gates so I don't know how they would prevent people from entering, other than threatening citations for entering the beach.

selvaskim

Post by selvaskim » Fri May 13, 2011 11:16 pm

yea its pretty sad. montara wasn't being maintained because of budget cuts about a year back and all the trash bins were overflowed and the weeds were growing rampant. I can't imagine them shutting down the lot @ gwhale because all of the trucks working on the devil's slide project use it as a transfer station for their trailers. once that is done though they could just chain off the lot. there is hardly any parking outside the lot so.... maybe square will buy a helicopter finally and we won't have to worry :D