The New Guy

shred2kook

The New Guy

Post by shred2kook » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi!

New on this forum, been skimming since I was 13, learned on the Med in southern france, gave up skimming for about 15 years due to the poor conditions where I grew up and travels in my 20's...Moved to the bay area 3 years ago. Took me a while before realising that I was living close to that sick spot (under the bridge :) that was featured on a rare pirated copy of skimquest that I got a hand on back in France....memories, memories...

Anyway, before I run my mouth too much, is there any spots around that should not be discussed online? If so, can list them below:D.

No seriously in case I find something good on the road I will share it, just need to know if its cool with you all.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Re: The New Guy

Post by Deebo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Welcome to "The Scrilla" man! I'd say that with the skim scene being so small from HMB and heading up northward (not south to SC) it is pretty cool and accepted for the most part to talk about any of the spots from that area. I know most people around the bay are usually pretty excited to have other people to skim with. Only exception that I can think of that shouldn't be discussed on here is that liner spot under the bridge you speak of because it can't hold too many people.

Anyway I skim in the Bodega Bay area for the most part where the waves can get pretty fun at a number of spots and us loners up here are always happy to share the wealth and knowledge of what's been breaking good.. So check out the Bodega Bay thread for info and/or let us know if you're ever interested in making the trek up and we'll let you know if it's going to be worth it and where to go.

shred2kook

Post by shred2kook » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks man, I really appreciate that!

Kevlar

Post by Kevlar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Listen to Deebo!!

shred2kook

Post by shred2kook » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

I am! and I will be happy to venture up north once my skills get less...kookish!