the cove

ski_37

the cove

Post by ski_37 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Sorry I'm new to the site and Northern California skim. just moved in. where is the cove at? everyones talking about it and i dont know where it is. i know its in Bodega i think.. but how do i get there?

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Re: the cove

Post by Deebo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah it's in Bodega Bay. Take Highway One to Bodega Bay and when you first enter the city limits take your first left at Harbor Way into where the golf course homes are. Take the first left onto Heron Drive and then you basically stay as far left as you can on each upcoming road going south along the hillside until you get to the southern most part of the homes on Osprey Drive where the trail is at. Take the trail to the beach at the bottom. That beach is not the Cove. Walk north to the next beach and that is the Cove. Here's a pic and a site that can maybe help you visualize it better:

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200905342&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=current

You can park on the street anywhere pretty much, but watch out for security if you try to take the 50 ft. private shortcut trail to the main trail. We do it all the time, but if you get caught don't do or say anything dumb that might ruin it for the rest of us. Also there is a County park parking area and another trail you can take before this if you want, but you'll have to pay like $6. At the bottom of that trail you will walk south over some rocks to get the Cove. See you there sometime maybe ;-)