Going to Oahu Feb 29 - March 7

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Going to Oahu Feb 29 - March 7

Post by Deebo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:00 pm

So I'm going to Oahu this Wednesday through next Wednesday and wondering if anybody who's been there can give me any info on what spots to check out while I'm there?

Daver- I know you were over there a while ago and remember seeing some sweet pics of some place? Can't remember the name.

daver

Re: Going to Oahu Feb 29 - March 7

Post by daver » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 am

hey deebo. my buddy corey wahlberg still lives there. he would be the guy to contact. he knew right where to take me when i was there. ill get you his number. place was yokohama bay btw. nice sider. yokes!
Queen of the Valley

crass

Post by crass » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 am

^THIS (and Sandy's of course) Downtown is a tourist trap. Makena treated me the best, and it had the least rocks in the shorebreak. Sandzabar (I'm probably spelling that wrong) is the only bar I enjoyed. Mai-Tais at Dukes. The entire north shore...have fun and wear that sunscreen.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

yok that for sure but the problem is you got to drive all the way around the island to get there(go over the top middle, follow the bus). On the way from diamond head going to sandy then further is surf beach that opens up to a nice cove place look good but from what i remeber heavy local thing(driving into sandy alwasy remind me of driving to montara thruy devil slide but you wont know that since you never come to my town). Cant remeber the name of that cove where is jboy when you need him. Man there where a couple of places on that side on the way to yok but never got the names. Haha so much for help. North shore found some fun stuff at sunset. Just keep walking in the direction of pipe and you always find a pocket look out for the loose coral o man sure you will have some stories on that one. good luck

crass

Post by crass » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 am

^The few beaches between Sandy's and Makappu (prob spelling that wrong) were full of huge rocks IN the shore break. At least, that's my experience. I don't know about surfing them though.

Beers

Post by Beers » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

crass wrote:^THIS (and Sandy's of course) Downtown is a tourist trap. Makena treated me the best, and it had the least rocks in the shorebreak. Sandzabar (I'm probably spelling that wrong) is the only bar I enjoyed. Mai-Tais at Dukes. The entire north shore...have fun and wear that sunscreen.
Makena is rad but its on Maui so that may not help Deebo.

Go to Yokohama Bay. that place rips and i scored it multiple days when i went a few years ago. its the place in the movie Sandcrabs. you will not be disappointed. Sandys i never got good cause the sand was sucked out and the beach was flat but you may get it this early in the season. there are a few beaches on the way up to yokes that you can check and may be working. take the 93 as far as it goes. long ass drive but its a super rad secluded beach.

ill be on Maui in August so if you get stuck and need a ride back let me know and ill have a boat or plane come get you!
the fish dont fry in the kitchen

goofyfoot

Post by goofyfoot » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Get a hold of Tingey, he's a Santa Cruz OG that lives on Oahu, he runs the sandslider website and can probably get you all the goods.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm

hey is it sandslider or sand slipa?? or something like that. Jboy know them, i jsut meet them once but way cool.

sealy

Post by sealy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:59 pm

aaron fuji might know...he lived on kauai but i am pretty sure he could help you out...

SCLiner
Master Interwebs Master

Post by SCLiner » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

We were just there, Sandy's sucked.
Never made it up the West side, the place is fickel and good luck with the traffic.
It took 1.5 hours to get from Hawaii Kai to Aulani which is still 30 minutes from Makaha, which is another 30 to 45 minutes to Yokes.

If you want skim go to Cabo, surf Hawaii.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lina'
AKA Ballena Bob.