Skimboarding school?

Porkchop

Skimboarding school?

Post by Porkchop » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Thinking of starting a skim camp for the summer. Anyone on cramik interested in helping? Maybe running it through Prooflab, which is a surf shop in Mill valley and they already do surf lessons at bolinas. Baker beach could be the pimary shredding location and i would be stoked if this was a success. Talked to a buddy about organizing this just not sure if enough kiddies would sign up for it. Other concerns would be liability issues regarding major wipeouts or groms getting undertoed @ overhead baker. Ur thoughts?... :|

selvaskim

Re: Skimboarding school?

Post by selvaskim » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Thought about doing this, then all my boards got stolen and I said forget it. Gonna need boards for people to use, probably a wetsuit top also, and a waiver for them to sign. You can take the waiver from the alleyoop camp site I think. Would be kinda tricky to rustle up interest around the bay area but I'd be down to help out as an instructor of you ever get this going

Madinator6

Re: Skimboarding school?

Post by Madinator6 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Thought about this a while ago. Truthfully I would just make it a "beach theme". One week session, different beach each day. It couldn't be just skimming you'd have to buy some wavestorms and boogie boards etc. The skim would only be "sand/tourist" boarding as I don't see 8 year old's investing in $300 boards unless they're in Laguna.

From what I've experienced most Marin County kids aren't to big on surfing, and whenever I bring up skimboarding people think it's a joke. I see TONS of Santa Cruz kids getting into it lately, and since summer skim is actually fun there I think that would work.