Oregon...help

sealy

Oregon...help

Post by sealy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey i remember potter said he skimmed oregon. i am going to be in oregon this weekend for an event and looking to getting some skim in if possible. you know any spots? or spots that might be workable?

been doing the surf in washington, and saw some potential for a super plane out for skim here in westport, but missing CA a lot now...

saw some of the humbolt guys post pictures and wonder if you guys ever went up the coast to OR?

3-Ball Butt Nut

Re: Oregon...help

Post by 3-Ball Butt Nut » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 am

I don't think Potter has skimmed Oregon. When we visited up there in 2003, we played golf & drank a lot of beer, but don't remember skimming. Anyway, I saw this on an Oregon Surf Site & might be helpful:

"For those of you (California transplants, perhaps) who’ve been wondering where the skimboard scenes are in Oregon, here’s a list of the top skimboarding beaches.

1.) Gleneden Beach–steep, no crowds, best between tides 2.) Pacific City–both steep and flat sections, a little crowded in summer 3.) Rockaway Beach–both steep and flat sections, best at high tide 4.) Short Sands–protected cove, a little crowded in summer 5.) Otter Rock–pretty steep, no crowds, best at high tide 6.) South Beach–both steep and flat sections, a little crowded in summer."

Not sure if they are anywhere near where you will be but good luck.
Please refer to Sandeep Menon for any Geospatial inquiries.

potter

Post by potter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 am

whoa - Fenster dropping the knowledge!

Yeah, i know nothing of nothing about OR. Oh are they?

Anyway, I think Deebo just cruised that coastline. Deebo, what say you?

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:50 am

I actually haven't been able to explore any of the Oregon coast yet. One spot i wanted to check out was in Astoria near Portland. Saw pics of some liners like Vera Cruz coming in near the Columbia rivermouth.

sealy

Post by sealy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 am

deebo...you talking about near the south jetty?