Cramik Cup Stop #4 thread

chris_4255

Re: Cramik Cup Stop #4 thread

Post by chris_4255 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 pm

well i guess a skimboarder managing a core surf shop doesnt mean anything. if you wanna talk about trust talk to my boss he will be in tomorrow 4-6 707 875 3944. fyi the thing between dustin and i was mostly sarcastic. we had a good laugh at the guese :D
just say no to dub

potter

Post by potter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Chris, just to be clear, I was talking about Dustin. By talking about trusting him did not mean I was saying I didn't trust you.

chris_4255

Post by chris_4255 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:56 pm

haha alright no worries. i would like to state that the portuguese was looking a lot more fun than the cove and its less of a walk. after seeing it tonight i would take it over the cove for stop number 4. it just has a longer slope more room and its less of a walk
just say no to dub

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:26 pm

chris_4255 wrote:a note/mark can definitely help with the less skilled and shows that they tried harder. on a side note i woke up to this thought- you can not be a master forcaster the forcast is your master. (click on the pic i cant get the gif to play haha)
Haha yeah that it is pretty true. I wouldn't stress on the name "master forecaster" too much though. I think that Potter just gave me that label on the scrill as a kind of joke/nickname because I used to have a good streak going where people came to Bodega and scored pretty fun conditions because of my recommendations that were probably overly analytic and detailed at times. I'm in no way a real forecaster and don't claim to be any sort of hotshot in that area. I don't even have any meteorological educational background to back up the predictions on skim that I make. I just base my predictions based on a stupid amount of hours of good and bad (skunked) skim sessions out there along with quite a few different forecast sites that I check. It's more of a statistical prediction game based on alot of past experiences and realizing which forecast sites to trust than really "forecasting" anything myself. And yeah in the end mother nature is our master and will make us all look stupid whenever she damn well feels like it.

Anyway Chris, I'm glad you came with that all fired up original post (even if it was pretty damn ludaChris IMO) because it's good to see that people care about the Cramik Cup and would like to see it grow and prosper. It also definitely brought some life back into the old tired scrilla as well and everyone had/has some very good words and opinions. Hopefully the skim gods will appreciate the passion and bless us with some more consistent and maybe even firing conditions because yeah, as Potter said, it has been a pretty weak year for skim so far. Come to think of it the last few years have been pretty bad compared to when we used to score good conditions all the time. If it wasn't for the Cove and it's good reliability I don't know what I'd do! Actually can't complain too much because I scored firing easy fun Portuguese tonight for a few hours :shock:. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow of the waves....

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Oh yeah and back on the post topic...I'm still seriously considering calling the Cup on for Saturday because South Portuguese is set up amazing along with the whole Cove slope and the forecasts are looking pretty promising. The only worries are the high tide isn't until early afternoon and the dub forecast is iffy calling for slight onshore dub sometime in the afternoon. Also this will bring about some increase in dub swell, which is fine and maybe better for the Cove, but not ideal for Portuguese (clean longer period swell better). Anyway I'm thinking of giving the models one last check tomorrow and then deciding, so any other opposers (that we haven't heard complain yet) speak now if you want to. Not supposed to let you sway my decision, but if there's too many people that can't make it just might not be much fun...

daver

Post by daver » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:13 am

no complaints here. when was that shot of beer at wrights?
Queen of the Valley

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 am

^Not recently, but it has looked pretty good the last couple of days. Not sure if it will stay good with the dub swell coming in, but maybe...

t-bone

Post by t-bone » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 am

well i'm hoping you don't call it for this weekend because im going to outside lands festival, not sure if anyone else in the cup is going? Not that it matters but any other weekend the rest of this month I can make. I would sure love to join in the festivities since I missed the last stop in HMB!! But don't let old t-bone sway your decision, I know you'll make the right call Deebo!!!!!! :-)

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am

^Haha well you're in luck because the dub forecasts are looking crappier as they're updated. So looks like a no go unless something changes majorly by this evening.
Last edited by Deebo on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SCLiner
Master Interwebs Master

Post by SCLiner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am

Huh?
Lina'
AKA Ballena Bob.

MR. RYAN

Post by MR. RYAN » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 pm

so hows this all work now?

selvaskim

Post by selvaskim » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll be in tahoe scoring some lake urrls, look forward to some pics if you guys run it!

potter

Post by potter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 pm

The Cove is burned. Cup Stop 2. It keeps coming up in this thread, but it's not a possibility (of course unless it's absolute fire I am sure exceptions could be made).

heins57

Post by heins57 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 pm

friday a ok here or i mean saturday.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:11 pm

potter wrote:The Cove is burned. Cup Stop 2. It keeps coming up in this thread, but it's not a possibility (of course unless it's absolute fire I am sure exceptions could be made).
Haha nay, we actually we had it at Wright's remember? Well you couldn't make it maybe that's why you don't remember and you could be confusing it with last years Cramikfest? Anyway everyone can relax for now because Stop #4 is not happening this weekend. Forecast went to poo, so we'll chill and wait for a better Saturday. 8)

potter

Post by potter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Haha! Right. I'm a moron

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am

Lol no worries! I'm actually hoping to have it at Portuguese or Wrong's or something different for a change though.

On another note I'll be camping and hunting for skim up in the Mendocino coastal area this weekend, so hopefully I'll find some fun skim up there and bring back some media...

chris_4255

Post by chris_4255 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:40 am

i agree with deebo. wrongs or the guese would be the best choice. the cove is plan c. no pun intended :lol:
just say no to dub

sealy

Post by sealy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 am

last place prize still?> :lol:

potter

Post by potter » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 am

skimmed Wrights on Saturday morning with the Daver pretty damn fun. Shorebreak was good and then some rights coming through later. You may want to check it out at your next available low tide