cramikcup #5

chris_4255

cramikcup #5

Post by chris_4255 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 am

Looks like great conditions this weekend. What's the status?
just say no to dub

heins57

Re: cramikcup #5

Post by heins57 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 pm

too soon to tell but ya thinking. just cant make you guys skim shark park

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Yeah waddup guys? Only 2 weeks left. Unfortunately might be the only 2 weekends a year that I actually have commitments and will be unable to go :cry: (besides the event I missed because of broken arm).

I'm hoping the call is for this weekend I think.... I have reservations to stay in Yosemite with Nikki's family, but currently it's closed due to the government shutdown (so secretly kinda hoping it stays shutdown longer). The final weekend of the waiting period I can only go if it happens early because of a funeral I have to be to at 1pm (assuming it is ran on Saturday).

Just throwing my situation out there for the hell of it, for what it's worth, even though in all fairness it shouldn't be worth anything! :wink:

heins57

Post by heins57 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:37 pm

wow hard luck on that one dustin sorry to hear the passing on. serious that swell is pretty much to tiny for anything around here. laughing at the thought that ocean beach would have sand for the sider. Funny thing this swell is really close to what shark park needs to roll. serious many people are doubting it but i have seen some pretty good days walking the dog including just this sunday. just none stop waves but of course you got to run and the sand was soft. There are several places on the beach that break, pretty much a weird beach cause you litteraly need to stand directlly infront of the wave to see the potential. kind of like salmon in a way. It breaks both ways but kind of goes better for goofy foot soooooo. will see.

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah I've driven by Sharp Park looking fun like Salmon a few times. I'd be down with that. What about States or SLS with the small swell?

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm

SLs and crowd of people to risky cause not sure if it even legal, think marine labs in Santa Cruz. States that swell pretty small sure states would have the window for hour or so but difficult to figure. Check shark park for peak low today and dub killed it out of north. Was lining but dub at least 10 and not sure of sand. Wish someone where to check tides at high wed ..I may have to. Anyone in cramik land got info on state that would b great. Just don't want to have to wait till last day and slug it out with the dub.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Check shark park at 6pm and glass but tide to high and swell a little to big out of the north, big drops right on shore but the rest where all mixed up... took a bunch of tele pic but need to upload them wed. will check it wed after work in the pm time. i really not sure but i probably will drive the coast to see whats up.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm

sawshark park again swell to big.. check entire coast line except for low tide breaking beaches everything suck tonight. alternative is the low tide spots but dub is up for the evening which would just not make it worth it. bottom line no. sooo sorry guys running you to the end but this is it next week rain or shine. will see you next week for the cup. figure on being here all day.

wyatt c.

Post by wyatt c. » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 am

so not this weekend but the next weekend? on the 26th correct? Im in!

heins57

Post by heins57 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:22 pm

y thats what Andres is saying. But off course who knows what the committee might say if things get a little twisted in the end.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:04 pm

so iam still waiting on the committee on this one. Really nothing special out here so far. with the dub not looking good late in the day and a high/ low tide that doesnt really change i cant figure on what will actually be worth skiming. SLS would probably be the place but i was recently there and got approached and would you beleive it, out in the middle of no where with no house in site, the guy says before anything "your trespassing". ok yes it took a little to get to the beach that day but come on now. Stupid old people first ruin everything in the world then want to keep it all to themselves and screw the rest of them. Sorry hope i didnt affend anyone but serious really REALLY sick of people whom think they own it all. If sls was the call iam not sure how we could all pull this because them main gate was closed the closest park spot is across the street at farms stand, figure if we all got something things may be ok. Not sure how to say this but, only contestants to keep the load down.

Other direction is to just check local beach and make the call at one of them. figure everyone be here at 9am sharp and be ready to skim on demand. Hopefully end this before 1 pm. serious if you guys are out there input would be appreciated. Also a head count.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:06 pm

one more thing SLS is serious big and nasty. Not a forgiving beach, if anyt of you guys rememeber montara south end, that was cake walk in size.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

kind of wish the pro guy would show for sls

t-bone

Post by t-bone » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:54 pm

In vegas this weekend, bummer I can't make it. If you do hold it, i'll put some money down in vegas on 57 to win!

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Those photos you showed me of SLS looked like it was pretty big, but better shape and more organized than the dumpy South Montara for that one event. Bummer you can't make it T-Boner! I might not be able to either...well only way I can make it is if it is ran early on Saturday and I can make it to San Jose by 12:30pm. Maybe I can just show up and bounce when I have to. Hopefully I can at least try and make it through the first heat to salvage some points lol

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Gonna try to have it done by noon. Will drive coast friday to c what things r going on.

heins57

Post by heins57 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanx t bone serious will have my hands full

heins57

Post by heins57 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 pm

earlier this week things look good for the dub but as we get closer i feel it will change all the chance we have of getting something done for the cup. The season of good swell is here but just not the one we want. sorry guys iam not going to call the cup. absolute frustration. Cancel this weekend for the cup. go enjoy the weekend if you want

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Dang sorry to hear it's struggle conditions down there, but actually not that sorry it's canceled since I probably couldn't make it anyway. Bodega has been good though. Scored epic Cove today and conditions are lining up for Wright's or Portuguese this weekend....