wrights...

vacadoug

wrights...

Post by vacadoug » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Thursday I'll be up near Wright's... any takers? Been any good lately anyone know?
Doug

Deebo
Master Forecaster

Post by Deebo » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:42 pm

It's not gonna be good and if you're really into skimming you should check out swell forecasts regularly and learn what type of swells, tides, and weather conditions are good for certain spots. The internet is one of my best friends and you can find all the info you need from it. Most skim breaks are very fickle and only good for a few hours on a few days of the week usually so it pays to have a heads up before you waste a bunch of time and money driving out to find out that it sucks especially with gas prices so high. Anyway you probably haven't learned when Wright's is good yet since it sounds like you haven't skimmed there before, which is understandable, so let me inform you a little. Wright's won't be good since it usually only is skimmable when the swell is like 2'-6' and if you check the latest forecast it's going to be massive like 15'-18' on thursday. On that swell size there is pretty much nowhere to skim.

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:22 pm

Yeah I looked back to see when people said it was good and then i checked the swells back then and they were pretty small. Yeah the swell is huge and I guess I wont be going out there to skim anyways. Thanks for your reply, is ****'s impossible with this big of a swell? Or does it depend on the tides?

The Flying Finn
Master Bator

Post by The Flying Finn » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:08 pm

****'s works best on a small south swell at high tide. J/K Doug, hey are you the guy I saw with the skim sticker on his truck in Vaca a while back? I was heading out to dega for the dawn patrol and some dude with a skim sticker on his truck gave me the shaka when he saw my skim sticker. Or maybe there's more than one skimboarder in Vacaville!
When the going gets tough the tough go skimboarding.

vacadoug

Post by vacadoug » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:24 pm

Lol no that wasnt me but I saw a skim sticker a little while back around here and I wondered who it was. Maybe there are more! muahaha I only get to the beach a couple times a month because I'm inland so im just asking this stuff because its kinda hard for me to pick a spot to go to from so far away. I do use the swell models and stuff but I need all the help I can get from other sources as well.